MILLENNIAL MAMA by Ariba, Ken, Lils, Z, and Riya
Certified Hair Artist
Personal Page- @ariba.pervaiz
💌 [email protected]
9 month regrowth after chemo. Full transformation is linked in my bio. Do you guys want to see more videos like this?! 👇🏽
I met my lovely client and friend Fiona a couple months ago and I immediately gravitated towards her friendly smile and grounded energy.
I was admiring her for rocking short locks and she told me that her hair was actually growing back from recently undergoing chemotherapy. She was diagnosed while 7 months pregnant with her now 1 year old baby girl. After months of chemo and kicking cancers ass, this is her 9 month regrowth.
She wants her long hair to make a comeback this year but felt like it was growing into a really unflattering shape. "Helmet hair" to be exact. I recommended that she get her hair shaped up. This would give her a more flattering style without her losing much of the length she worked so hard to grow out!
We kept her root color dark to create depth and dimension in her style. To soften her regrowth we decided to “break the base” and create a shadow root. We got rid of the brassy mids and maintained an overall blonde hair color.
Gahhh.. she looks freaking gorge! @fi_kingsley
9,01314824 May, 2019
Throwback to that time I got my hands on @ready.to.glow hair! I also have a NEW color and cut video on my channel.. linked in my bio!
______________________________________________ @ready.to.glow and I will be joining forces once again for her Masterclass this June! Click the link in her bio for tix. Can’t wait to see you guys there!
18,04124623 May, 2019
The constant duality of motherhood and a day of firsts. Vlog linked in bio! #mamalife
4,1303722 May, 2019
Hey y’all! We’re going insta live at 5 p.m. EST today. Come hang with us! We also have a new vlog linked in my bio! 💙
Little man thinks he can work me with those kisses. 😑 We finally posted a full hair cut tutorial on his little signature topknot on our YouTube channel! Link in bio! @zayden_zakaari
10,3695318 May, 2019
I've been getting SO many questions about the @kenzzi__ hair removal handset I thought I would post an update and a little tutorial for you guys!
I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm loving the results.. my skin actually feels super smooth. So I thought we would tackle Ken's unwanted hair. He was nervous about the idea and thought it would be painful. But Lils got him to work up the courage to at least tryyyy it out. NOW I REGRET doing this for him because he keeps hogging the thing!
Ya'll can try it out for yourselves for $50 OFF using my code: ARIBA50 #kenzzi#ad
Then you looked up at me and I found an entirely new world. It was then that I realized I wasn’t afraid of the unknown at all. I was just afraid of the known coming to an end.
In a world where my vulnerability has left me completely open and at the mercy of my faith. In a world where I lost so much of me. I found you.
Happy Mother’s Day 🕊
Art Direction- @thesai.lens.
Dress- @manikjassal .
12,5906812 May, 2019
Do you “pineapple" your hair? This is how I get my volume and hairstyle to last all week long while I sleep on a silk pillowcase.
1. Create a bun on the top of your head using a spiral hair-tie. It doesn’t dent your hairstyle and has a solid grip so one loop is enough. Now your hair is up and away from rolling against your pillow all night.
2. Dump your hair upside down and gather it inside a silk pillowcase. Wrap it up as you would a towel when you get out of the shower.
Benefits of Silk:
* LESS BREAKAGE: Cotton and other heavy fabrics absorb moisture your hair needs and the coarse fibres tug on hair causing split ends, weak strands and breakage.
* REDUCE BEDHEAD: Silk reduces frizz by keeping moisture in your hair. The static-resistant protein fibres glide your hair freely, minimizing tangles and bedhead.
* CLEAN, HEALTHY HAIR: Similar to workout gear, silk regulates your body temp and wicks moisture and sweat, keeping your hair clean and dry overnight. It helps reduce sebum (oil) production so your next shampoo can be postponed. (I only shampoo once a week)
* Grade A Mulberry Silk is best. It’s measured in weight rather than thread count. Heavier silk is more durable, I recommend a minimum of “22mm.” My white Silk pillowcase is 7 years old and the black is about 3.. both in mint condition. Solid investment right? * You can also find Vegan Silk as an alternative to this protein fibre or polyester satin as a less expensive option. They are not as beneficial to your hair and skin but in my experience, they maintain your hairstyle ALMOST as well as Silk Pillowcases.
11,10110611 May, 2019
I don’t need much else for Mother’s Day this year.. maybe some hand scribbled cards for my memories. 🤪
New vlog is linked in my bio! Tutorial on this look is one post before this.