Heinen's Grocery Store Celebrating 90 Years of Exceptional Food, Wine & Service 🛒
Hungry? Get inspired at: 👇
When it comes to summer burgers, @thedinnershift's personalized Chickpea Sliders prove that Southwest is best. 🍔 🥑
2 Heinen's Southwest Chickpea Burgers
Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
4 Heinen's Small Wheat Dinner Rolls
Heinen's Produce Burger Kit (lettuce, tomatoes and onions)
Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli
Sliced white cheddar cheese
Tomato salsa or pico de gallo
1. Divide each chickpea burger in half and shape into 2 smaller patties (you will have 4 patties in total.) 2. Heat a grill or grill pan and lightly oil the grates. Grill the chickpea sliders until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
3. Split the wheat dinner rolls and lightly toast. Top each with a chickpea slider and let everyone pick their toppings
4. Serve with fresh seasonal fruit.
76111 hours ago
Cure your case of the Mondays with a Watermelon Mojito! These are a refreshing treat for happy hour or for a night in after work. No matter where you're drinking, watermelon is a win. 🍉
•4oz lime juice (about 4 limes)
•2oz agave nectar
•3/4 oz or 1 package mint leaves plus more for garnish
•10oz white rum
•18oz watermelon juice
•Lime and watermelon wedges for garnish
1. In a small pitcher, combine the lime juice, Cointreau, agave and mint. Muddle the mint, bruising the leaves and releasing the flavor.
2. Stir in the rum and watermelon juice. Taste and add more agave or lime if it needs it.
3. For each drink, pour 6 oz into an ice filled glass and top with club soda. Garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.
102122 July, 2019
A classic quiche is all it takes to get us out of bed on a Sunday morning! Known for its creamy baked egg custard center, @tableanddish added gourmet flavor and color to this savory breakfast pie with touches of spinach and Gruyere cheese. 🧀
Quiche Lorraine with Spinach & Gruyere:
•1 tbsp butter
•3 shallots, minced
•3 bunches flat leaf spinach, thick stems removed and leaves roughly chopped OR one 10-oz .box washed spinach
•Salt & Pepper
•8 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
•Ready-made pie crusts
•8 large eggs
•3 cups half and half
•1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, with racks set in upper and lower thirds. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (1 to 2 minutes.) Add as much spinach to skillet as will fit; season with salt and pepper and toss. Add more spinach as room becomes available until wilted (2 to 3 minutes.) 2. Transfer spinach mixture to a colander. Press firmly with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Divide spinach mixture and cheese between prepared crusts. Place each crust on a separate rimmed baking sheet. 3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Dividing evenly, pour the egg mixture into crusts. 4. Arrange baking sheets on racks and bake until center of each quiche is just set (55 to 60 minutes.) Rotate sheets from top to bottom halfway through baking time. Let quiches stand 15 minutes before serving.
90021 July, 2019
Bratwurst is best — especially when roasted vegetables, a collection of condiments and an ice cold beer are its sidekicks. 🌭🍺 When serving a summer crowd, this fresh-off-the grill traditional German sausage by @tableanddish will have everyone's taste buds sizzling!
Brats with Peppers and Onions:
• 6 bratwurst (try @saddleberk_pork sausage and brats)
• 6 brat rolls
• Mustard (for serving)
• Olive Oil
• Assorted colorful bell peppers (allow about 1/2 pepper per brat)
• 1 medium onion
• 1 head of garlic
• Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
• Red pepper flakes, to taste
For the Brats:
1. Light the charcoal and spread it evenly across one-half of the grill. If using propane, light burners only on one side of the grill.
2. Oil grates with paper towel soaked in oil to prevent sticking.
3. Place brats on grates directly over heat and grill on each side until browned. If the casing bursts or burns move brats further from the coals to reduce cooking temperature.
4. Cook brats for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
5. Keep brats warm in a Brat Bath until ready to serve.
6. Serve on buns with onions, sauerkraut, and brat sauce.
For the Vegetables:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (or if you have room on your grill, the vegetables can be cooked there)
2. Remove the veins and seeds from the peppers and slice into thin strips.
3. Peel, halve, and slice the onion into thin wedges.
4. Cut the top off the full head of garlic.
5. Put the onions and peppers and garlic on a sheet pan and season lightly with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil. Toss everything together so all surfaces are lightly coated with the oil. Arrange in a single layer on a pan.
6. Roast vegetables for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly caramelized at the edges.
When you need a break from the heat, whip up a batch of these frozen treats. ☀️These popsicles by @FamilyTreeFarms make it clear that Plumcots and Kombucha are summer's newest power couple.
Plumcot Kombucha Popsicles:
•1/4-1/2 cup honey
•5 @familytreefarms Plumcots, pitted and sliced
•Juice of half a lemon
•Pomegranate flavored Kombucha
1. In a food processor, puree the plumcots until very smooth. Add in lemon juice, half the honey and taste tesh. Add in more or less honey depending on desired sweetness.
2. Pour plumcot puree into 3/4 of the popsicle mold. Top off each mold with pomegranate kombucha. Free for 2-4 hours or until firm. Once firm, remove from molds. If popsicles do not give, run underneath warm water until they loosen. *Color will vary depending on plumcot variety.
79218 July, 2019
Sushi Wednesday is rolling in hot 🍣🔥 From California to Spicy Tuna, an at-home sushi night is the perfect mid-week meal or party theme!
⭐: If you're serving a crowd, don't forget a few of @abby_thome's serving tips:
1. Use a variety of platters to display the sushi. (Cake stands work great!)
2. Have chop sticks, low sodium soy sauce, sriracha and wasabi paste on hand to allow guests to spice things up!
3. Add easy side dishes like edamame or an Asian noodle salad.
86117 July, 2019
The flavor and ease of this classic Asian comfort dish is Pho real 🍜 Made in only 20 minutes, @thedinnershift packs nearly all of your major food groups into one delicious bowl!
1 6 oz. package Asian Gourmet Rice Sticks
2 teaspoons olive oil
Heinen's Beef Stir Fry Meat ( about 2/3 pound)
1 26 oz. carton Simply Asia Pho Beef Broth
1 5 oz. package Organic Girl Baby Bok Choy
Sliced sweet peppers or jalapeños (optional)
Fresh basil or cilantro ( optional)
Fresh lime juice (optional)
1. Soak rice noodles in lukewarm water for 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in bok choy and continue to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it wilts. Stir in rice noodles.
4. Serve pho in wide shallow bowls and top with sliced peppers or jalapeños, fresh herbs and a squeeze of lime juice. .
102316 July, 2019
These poppable bites are packed with an explosion of flavor. 🍒💥 Maybe that's why Lauren of @thebitesizepantry named them Cherry Bomb Chicken Meatballs!
• 2 lbs Ground Chicken
• 1 cup Breadcrumbs
• 1 cup Milk
• 2 Eggs (beaten)
• 1/2 cup grated Onion
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
• 1/3 cup chopped Parsley
• 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
• 1 1/4 teaspoons Table Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground Sage
• 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
• @Brownwood_farms Cherry BBQ Sauce
1. Position 2 racks near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 475ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, tomato paste and Worcestershire. Combine wet ingredients with the chicken mixture. Use your hands to mix all the ingredients together. DO NOT OVER MIX, as it will result in drier meatballs.
4. Shape the meat mixture into balls, about 3 tablespoons of meat per ball. You can also do this with an ice cream scoop. Place shaped meatballs on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked.
5. Using a tablespoon, dip each individual meatball into the sauce. Alternately, you can brush each meatball with the sauce. Place back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes. Drizzle or brush with additional sauce as desired.
. #Meatballs#Cherries#BBQ # Recipe #Appetizer#Snack#FeedFeed#Foodstagram#Instafood
128615 July, 2019
We won't be skimping on this shrimp scampi from @tableanddish, especially since it's cooked in our favorite summer wine: Rosé! 🍷 Simply layer on top of your favorite carb (linguine or toast) for a deliciously rosy meal 🦐🍝
•1 lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined with tail left on
•4 cloves minced garlic
•1-2 cups Rosé
•4 tbs butter
•1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
•Thick sliced sourdough bread or 1 lb linguini
1. Add shrimp to a hot saute pan in a single layer. Use two pans if needed to not crowd the shrimp.
2. Add olive oil to coat and toss the shrimp in the pan. Add salt (about 1 tsp) and put the pan back into the hot oven or grill for 1-2 minutes.
3. Take the shrimp out to toss, add garlic and toss again. Allow shrimp to cook one more minute. Watch the garlic. You want it to toast, but not burn.
4. Add a squeeze of fresh lime and rosé. Toss. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add butter and place pan back in the hot oven for an additional minute.
5. Toss with chopped parsley. Spoon shrimp onto bread or pasta and spoon sauce over.
149314 July, 2019
Contrary to its name, Hasselback Chicken is anything but a hassle — it's actually a simple meal. 🍅🌿🐔
The term Hasselback usually refers to a potato that is slit repeatedly to allow seasoning and oil to get inside for a faster cook time. 🥔 @tableanddish swapped the starch for a protein and added fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. The result? A deliciously easy Margherita Hasselback Chicken.
• 4 large chicken breasts ( 6 oz. each)
• 4 oz log of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
• 2 medium roma tomatoes, sliced
• 20 leaves fresh basil, divided (cut half into ribbons)
• 2 tbsp za'atar or Italian Seasoning
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar glaze
• Sea salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Make 5-6 deep slits in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
3. Season both sides with sea salt and black pepper. Place onto the lined baking sheet.
4. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella very thinly, about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick, and cut the pieces to a width slightly wider than the thickness of your chicken breast.
5. Stuff a piece of mozzarella, a tomato slice, and a whole basil leaf into each slit in the chicken.
6. Drizzle olive oil and season with za'atar or Italian Seasoning all over the chicken.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through (heated to 160°F with a meat thermometer.)
8. When the chicken is ready, sprinkle remaining fresh basil ribbons on top right before serving. If desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze.
117213 July, 2019
We've chowed down on cheese boards and sampled fruit trays, but @abby_thome's DIY campfire-inspired dessert board has us craving some more s'mores 🔥
As you celebrate summer with backyard bonfires, spice up the classic graham cracker, chocolate & marshmallow combo with a sweet assortment of fixins':
• Mini Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
• Hunks of your favorite candy bar
• Shredded Coconut
• Milk Chocolate Pretzels
• Himalayan Sea Salt