Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites: Crunchy, spicy, tangy & delicious. I’m happy with the recipe because the Panko breading is crisp, doesn’t fall off 🙃and did I mention it’s delicious 😋 Happy Sunday!! Inspired by my friend Eva @thecuriouschickpea 💕
What you need: 1/2 head cauliflower cut into 1 1/2 in florets, 1 cup flour , 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 3/4 coconut milk, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tbl hot sauce ( I used Franks) , 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs, 1tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. For the Buffalo Sauce: 1/2 cup hot sauce, 2 tbl coconut oil, 1 tbl organic sugar (I used coconut), 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1️⃣ On stovetop, cook cauliflower in boiling water 4-5 min until fork tender (not mushy)
Drain, rinse with cold water till cauli is cool, dry,set aside
2️⃣ To bread cauli set up 3 bowls, one bowl with flour/salt/pepper, second bowl with coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce (evenly combined), last bowl with Panko/paprika/garlic. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper misted with oil
3️⃣ Take one caulif piece toss into flour bowl shaking off excess, dip into milk bowl getting all areas, then into Panko bowl making sure it is completely covered, place on baking sheet. Repeat until all cauli pieces are coated
4️⃣Bake at 400 F for 20 min flipping half way through.
5️⃣ While cauli is baking make the buffalo sauce. Whisk all sauce ingredients over low on stovetop until coconut oil is melted & sauce is warm.
6️⃣ Pour the sauce in a medium bowl and gently mix the cauliflower bites in with the sauce until coated. Enjoy!
I served my bites with the classics: carrot & celery sticks with a store bought vegan blue cheese
Tofu Vegetable Lo Mein 🌱😍
1. Cut 1-14oz block of extra firm tofu (pressed and dry) into about 3/4-inch cubes and bake in oven on lined baking sheet 400F until golden and slightly crispy, about 20 minutes.
2. Cook 4oz wide Lo Mein noodles as per packet directions. Whisk sauce: 1/3 cup low-sodium tamari or soy sauce, 1 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup (or to taste), 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp garlic chili sauce, 2 tbsp minced ginger, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp sriracha (optional), salt to taste.
3. Once tofu is ready, heat skillet and add sauce. Cook until sauce starts to bubble.
4. Add baked tofu and 4 sliced scallions and keep stirring while heating. Quickly add cooked Lo Mein noodles and stir for another minute or so until heated through.
5. Remove from heat and add cooked veggies of choice. (I added some blistered bell pepper and spinach.)
6. Fold in 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts. Add a few squeezes of fresh lime.
Garlic Mushroom Avocado Sushi with asparagus, carrots and sesame seeds 🍣🌱
3 cups mushrooms⠀⠀
10 ounces asparagus⠀⠀
10 ounces carrots⠀⠀
1 cup uncooked white rice⠀⠀
1 cup uncooked brown rice⠀⠀
3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce⠀⠀
2 cloves garlic, crushed⠀⠀
1 tbsp rice vinegar⠀⠀
1/4 tsp salt⠀⠀
1/2 tbsp cane sugar⠀⠀
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)⠀⠀
1. Thoroughly rinse rice until water runs clear & cook rice according to the directions of the package of rice. You can do all white rice or all brown or do half and half like I did. If you do half and half, make sure to make them separately.⠀⠀
2. Meanwhile, rinse mushrooms and dry them with a paper towel. Slice the mushrooms into 1/2 inch slices. Place the mushrooms in a bowl and add 3 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce, crushed garlic and mix with a spoon until everything is well combined. Cover and set in the fridge for 25 minutes.⠀⠀
3. Slice avocado into thick slices & slice carrots into thin strips or use a julienne peeler.⠀⠀
4. In a large pan over medium heat add marinated mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes. Then add asparagus to the pan and cook both the asparagus and mushrooms for 10 minutes or until both are tender. Turn off heat and let vegetables cool.⠀⠀
5. Let rice thoroughly cool and transfer to nonmetallic bowl. Fluff with a fork to let extra heat release.⠀⠀
6.Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt until dissolved and pour into rice, gently mix rice to incorporate seasoning.⠀⠀
7. Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap, then lay seaweed paper over it with rough side facing up, apply rice to nori sheet covering all edges. Apply rice 1/2″ thick.⠀⠀
8. Layer veggies on bottom of nori & roll carefully with the plastic wrap, tightening with hands as you roll.⠀⠀
8. Slice with a sharp knife.⠀⠀
9. Season with sesame seeds if desired.⠀⠀
10. Use Soy Sauce dipping and enjoy!