i loc’d my hair!💚 i’ve been eyeing locs for almost a year now and finally decided to take the leap. thank you so much @theloc_doc for hooking a sis up😩🙌🏽 i’m sooooo excited🥰
yes they’re permanent, and there is no fake hair added. my loc tech used a method called instant loc’ing, which essentially skips the phase of waiting for your hair to loc on its own by using a crochet tool. .
i lost some length, which is expected no matter how you decide to start your locs. they are also a bit thinner than they will turn out to be after they’ve matured for about 6 months (yes, although my hair has been loc’d instantly, i still have a ways to go before they’re fully matured). they’ll become thicker over time. .
(Not my work) but #MicroLocs are most certainly IN 😍! They aren’t exactly #sisterlocks although they can be about the same in size, the technique (grid/starting pattern) is slightly different. Microlocs are also obviously much smaller than traditional locs. These REQUIRE an interloc retightening to maintain the health of the loc. The inspiration for this style goes to 👉🏽 @_napsarethenewblack with a beautiful grand total of 265 locs! ✊🏽👏🏽 #LocLife#LocJourney#LocInspiration#NaturalHairDoesCare
Okay y’all.... I’m still super new to the “Loc life” and I need some help! I’m only 4 months in and my scalp is doing some weird stuff! It’s been crazy itchy, dry, & flaky despite regular washes & oiling. I’ve never had this happen before so I’m not sure what to do. I’ve tried coconut oil, tea tree oil, castor oil, aloe Vera gel, a tea tree tingle shampoo from Trader Joe’s, and even tried to blue magic coconut oil grease🤦🏾♀️. Nothing has been really working to say the least and I’m getting frustrated. Any advice is welcomed!!!!
Ok this is the 1st time we underwent such an endeavour and we're glad we did 😊
She had less than 400 Sisterlocks, the back middle section were parted waaaaaaaayyyyyy too large.
We cut and Unravelled each one dividing them into 2 and in many cases into 3, reinstalled and added loc extensions at the ends to give them length, all the while ensuring her lines remained intact.
Then we applied henna to the ends to match her original loc color.
She now has exactly 500 Sisterlocks 🥰
DO YOU HAVE DIFFERENT SIZED LOCS AND WANT TO SORT IT OUT, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED 😁
To book an appointment send us a whatsapp message 07059579408 or 07059962168.
1. How far along are you? 5 months My due date is June 23, originally it was July 7th however since it is a twin pregnancy my doctors moved the date up because I won’t carry full-term.
2. Are they identical? No, my twins are di/di fraternal twins. Both of my doctors have explained that this is the best twin pregnancy to have, lowest amount of risks because they have separate sacs and their own placenta.
3. Do twins run in my family? No, my babies are the first!😊
4. Do I have their names picked? I think so however I will not reveal them until I have the babies.
5. Is this my first pregnancy? Yes first and last😂
6. Am I going to breastfeed? I will try my hardest.😬
7. Am I going to dress them alike? Sometimes probably mostly while they are small or at least coordinate their outfits.
8. What did you want to have? Honestly I didn’t have a preference as long as they were healthy initially I said boy/girl but I was like it’s 2 girls I feel it! 🤗
9. How was your morning sickness? It didn’t hit me until about 9-10 weeks, it would happen at random it lasted a little into the 2nd trimester it wasn’t horrible though.
10. Do you have weird cravings? Not so far I have not, I didn’t care for sweets or fries in the beginning though.
🧡🌻The longest journey of any person is the journey inward.
256318 hours ago
MY SHEA BUTTER BABY💖 MRS Kelly if ya nashty 😍🤣 loc up-do , if you know her you know she gotta have her 2 locs on the side. Locs down in the back, & her hair going to the Side ONLY 🙄🤣🔥
1,5541719 hours ago
I BET I SHAKE THE ROOM — Pop Smoke
Photo 📸 @firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK OUT MY STORY FOR MORE FROM TODAYS WORK OUT
Turn on notification 💡
⚡️C H E R I S H • L O C S⚡️
I remember when my locs didn't hang past my hair line. I would be in the mirror trying to figure out if I wanted to wear a hat out in public because I was fearful of the judgement. I received some criticism about my decision to start my loc journey, that criticism was only made based on what was seen in that moment, not what it could be. I grew to cherish what others call the "ugly phase", my confidence grew as my locs grew. Where I'm at now, I owe it to those criticized moments; that's what makes this journey worth it. •
If you are desiring to start your Loc journey, embrace what it comes with, embracing it brings that water that grows confidence. There's alot short Loc styles that will help you love what you see in the mirror. Time & confidence is 🔑. •