1. The sign read HOLLYWOODLAND from 1923 to 1949.
2. Each letter originally stood 50 feet (15 m) and 30 feet (9.1 m) wide high, but renovations in 1978 resized the letters to 45 feet (14 m) tall and anywhere from 31 to 39 feet (9.4 to 12 m) wide.
3. In 1932, Broadway actress Peg Entwistle committed suicide by jumping off the letter “H.”
4. Alice Cooper led the 1978 donation drive to remodel the famous sign. The shock rocker contributed $27,000 of his own money to the project, and bought an “O” in memory of Groucho Marx.
5. Hugh Hefner donated to the restoration of the “Y” with a $27,777 contribution.
6. In the 1940s, the sign’s official caretaker, Albert Kothe, destroyed the “H” after crashing into it while driving drunk.
of all the places i’ve been to & the people i’ve met, mexicans would have to be one of the most beautiful ethnicities i’ve been around. the Hispanic ethnicity takes over majority of LA’s population. although it’s not mexico & i am yet to journey over there, i met the most beautiful souls that have been affected by poor government decisions (yes, trump). their humility and eagerness to live a life to contribute to the greater country, to set an example for their children & to be in a place of opportunity - they do not take a second of their life in LA for granted. i was too lucky to have met so many, that i now call family ♡
ps. you don’t know what tacos taste like till you’ve had them from the people of mexico here 😍
Они называют это «фильм с кисой» 😅🐈☠️ В свое время этот постер хорошо их отвлек, когда нас не пустили в контактное кафе с кошками и нам пришлось разглядывать их только через витрину 👀 #losangeles#weareyuyas#twinsandtheworld
This weekend I also got to see my sister @_dollphace at work. She’s an Los Angeles based traveling make-up artist. The lovely Ladies of AKA had her booked and busy this weekend. I couldn’t even get squeezed in LOL but her makeup artistry is flawless! 😘 #dollphace#makeup#losangeles