Finally Fridddaaaayyyyy !!! 😃😎😄😍🤗
I wait this day to arrive the earliest as possible throughout the week ! 😝
Weekend mood , so I cooked some hot bengali style "Dry Chicken" , served with crunchy onion,lime and hot rotis ! 🤓.
This is for a change, when I really like to eat smthing different than chicken curries. And when bengali style I hv cooked the whole thing in mustard oil, just like how u make normal chicken curry..Just with no water, and no readymade spices expect turmeric. .
Today I am sharing the recipe not for Mutton Kosha but for the delicious Murgi Kosha, “Chicken Dry Spicy Curry Bengali style”. Murgi Kosha is a traditional Bengali way of cooking meat which is very spicy. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Every family has their way of preparing it and I am sharing my version of it.
Tag someone who loves Chicken!
Recipe: Murgi Kosha, “Chicken Kosha”
- 500 gm Chicken cut in medium pieces
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 n 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1 n 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 n 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt as per your taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
To make Bhaja Masala(fried masala)
- Take a non stick pan and fry Coriander, Cumin Seeds and Black Pepper on a low heat for 3 mins
- Cool it down and grind them in a mixer then keep it aside
- Heat Ghee and Mustard Oil in a Kadai
- Add chopped Onions and fry on a low heat until it becomes brownish
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Bay Leaves and fry for 3 mins at low heat
- Add Chicken pieces and Kosho for 10 mins at low- medium heat
- Add 1/2 cup Hot Water, Salt and cover the pan for 20 mins at low heat and stir it few times in between so it doesn’t get stuck to the pan
- When gravy becomes thick add ground Bhaja Masala and keep at low heat for 3-4 mins or till Oil comes out and gravy becomes thick
- Now check the Salt and adjust to your taste
Sharing Kesharia Dahi Murgh, “Saffron Yogurt Chicken” recipe. It’s an amazing luxe recipe which is also very delicious and easy to make. You can make it for yourself, for your family on a Sunday or entertain your Dinner party guests. Works well either way. Make it, share it with your friends and family.
It’s amazing Keto friendly recipe too, if you are into that diet.
Tag a friend who just loves Chicken!
Recipe: Kesharia Dahi Murgh, “Saffron Yogurt Chicken”
- 1 kg Chicken pieces cut in medium size
- 1 cup thick Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 2 large Onions
- 2 tbsp White Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Salt as per your taste
- 5 Kashmiri Chillies deseeded
- 1 Star Anise
- 3 small Cardamoms
- 10 Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Shah Jeera
- 2 inch Ginger
- 10 Almonds
- 10 Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Green Chillies
- First to make the Masala Paste, grind Kashmiri Chillies, Star Anise, Cardamoms, Peppercorns, Cinnamon Stick, Shah Jeera, Ginger, Almonds, Raisins and Coriander
- Heat White Oil and Ghee in a pan and fry onions till brown
- Add the Masala Paste and cook for 5 mins low heat
- Add Chicken and Yogurt and sauté for 10 mins at medium heat
- Add 1 n 1/2 cup Hot Water
- Cover the pan and cook for 20 mins at low-medium heat
- If Chicken is cooked then season with Salt
- Add Saffron, Sugar and Green Chillies and cook for 2 mins at medium heat
Lunch from earlier today, Akhni/Mutton & Chickpeas Pilau Rice, Lentil Pakora & Lamb Samosas. Recipe for the rice & pakora is available on my highlights, only difference is I added chickpeas after the onion was fried and I didn't add tumeric powder when I cooked my meat, I prefer the colour to be milder.
Out of the world dinner last night at @simpletreatsbysona...there was pumpkin flower bajjis, luchi with kashmiri dum alu, begun bhaja (Brinjal fry Bengali style), vangi bhath, cucumber onion raitha and curd rice...to top it off gulab jamun! What more could one ask for!!😋 I got the alu posht receipe from your mother and she also gave us poppy seeds..so one of these days I'm gonna make it!
Stir fried Amaranthus tricolour/ lal shak with onion, garlic, green chillies fried red chilies. It's a red colour leafy vegetable mainly grown in South Asia. Researchers reported that lal shak is one of the major sources of anthocyanins, which are directly involved in protecting use against cancer, diabetes, aging and oxidative damage.
Luchi and Aloo tarkari (fried flat bread and potato curry) is a staple diet for us. Every Sunday morning breakfast includes luchi. Well, that's an exaggeration though. If not every Sunday morning, at least the special ones. Honestly, I can't make luchi to save my life. I either make it bit too crunchy or it's not too fluffy. This simple dish isn't that simple to make. The water can't be too warm while making the dough or the oil has to be at the right temperature. It includes too much of technicalities. Thus, I leave it to my Maa to make it for me whenever I am home. The potato curry is probably the simplest of the dishes. Other than some nigella seeds, turmeric and chilli powder, it includes no other spices. Some of us like to put a bit of boiled chickpeas for an added flavor. With a boiled egg and some Kadak chai, this breakfast is a signature Bengali breakfast.
Cooking a jumbo Tiger Lobster in Bengali style is a real hard work, at least for me. However, the end result of its looks and taste is undeniably Royal. That's what the story of Bengali cuisine is all about 👑
This is finger licking good in taste. "Kalia" is a thick oily spicy type gravy, mostly is cooked with big size Rohu/Katla Or Bhetki fish over 3 kgs which we use to call 'Paka Maach' in Bengali. And lobsters are paired with scraped coconut or coconut milk. Almost every time I end up cooking Golda / Baghda chingri with coconut for sure 😊
•New recipe on goldentiffin.co•
Shellfish, mustard and coconut. Think of all the best Bengali ingredients wrapped in one dish. Well, that is now a thing with this honey and kasundi prawns recipe 🙌🏽 I was inspired by daab chingri (prawns cooked in a whole baby coconut) but since Britain is not blessed with tropical weather, this is as close as I’ll get to the original! #goldentiffin#bestofbengali
Sunday lunch. Made Kolkata style chicken biryani for the first time today. Turned out to be yummy. Swipe right to see the 'before' picture. Used the traditional method to dum it. Also, no artificial food colours in my kitchen, all natural colouring. 💁🏻♀️🍛