Camera/Steadicam Operator @steadi.jell | “How do you balance being an AC and doing Steadicam?”
At the moment I’m a Clapper Loader by day and Steadicam Operator by night.. (kinda). I’m very happy climbing the ladder, and really feel it has benefitted me in many ways - I’ve able to watch and learn from so many talented Operators, and sometimes given the chance to try and practise in their rigs. Which has meant I’ve felt the weight of many different builds - from a Mini to and Alexa 65.
I’ve also been able to learn how a set runs, and really appreciate the hard work that everyone puts in at each step, and the information they require for us all to achieve the shot.
I Load full time, and will do Steadicam as much as I possibly can outside of that. A lot of weekends will get filled up, or late nights will be taken.. thankfully I have an extremely understanding and supportive partner!
I’ve started now because I truly believe if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have the necessary experience or confidence behind me when I can make the full leap. I’ve now already had the chance to Operate on some brilliant things, work with fantastic DP’s and try a big variety of shots. I have so much to learn, and I’m excited to keep doing it whilst I climb the ladder.” via @women_behind_the_camera @steadi.jell / @hannahjell 🎬🎥 [SWIPE LEFT]
734112 hours ago
Filmmaker @c_tripppy | “If only I could tag all the people who have played a part in this journey of mine thus far. I love what I do.”
#WebSeriesReview : Sujoy Ghosh's Netflix series Typewriter revolves around three kids - Sam, Bunty and Gablu (The Ghost Club) - who are obssessed with ghosts. When a family comes to stay at the supposedly haunted villa in the sleepy Goan town of Bardez, their interest is piqued. Before long, the dark past of the villa starts to spill out into the present and it falls on the kids to find answers.
- The narrative sets up an intriguing story that feels like a cross between Goosebumps and The Haunting of Hill House.
- The three kids are a treat to watch, especially fearless Sam played by Aarna Sharma. Purab Kohli as the local Police Inspector and Palomi Ghosh as Jenny give measured performances.
- There are some well-crafted scare scenes that play with your mind and create an eerie atmosphere of distrust.
What doesn't work:
- The narrative uses several clichéd tropes such as the opening sequence which feels seems straight out of a Creepy Pasta story.
- There are certain plot elements that distract from the main narrative and tend to bloat the screenplay a bit.
Verdict: With the dearth of good content in the horror genre in India, Typewriter feels like a decent attempt and has potential as a multi-season series where the Ghost Club solves new cases of hauntings.
After a 2 weeks of looking after my macros and tweaking my training it’s finally filming day!.
Such an amazing time and brilliant to work with a group of exceptional professionals!.
Big things to come in 2020!