I whipped up a couple of new beds at home this weekend, swipe left to see my process.
• with the grass removed I spread compost over the site about 50mm thick
• I then use my cultivator to blend the compost through the top soil, It only cultivates to a depth of 150mm and is one pass only. I don’t want to create hard pan or go any deeper into sub soil and damage the biological activity.
• I then form the beds using a shovel to scoop out the path ways onto the beds. my beds are 650mm wide and my paths, 300mm (about 2 foot steps and 1 for a path) I spay Mark each end and use a marker st h and head towards that, I find sting gets in the way, and these are short 7.5m beds that I can see the end of.
• Then I broad fork, this is an import process as it gives your beds depth without harming your soil microbes, it opens the soil, it doesn’t turn it over chop it up. Mine is made by the guys @fdryantools and I highly recommend it.
• this tool is another made by @fdryantools , it’s a prototype of a Dutch tool called a hand Harrow, but I believe it’s been renamed the ‘trentham tilther’.
It had two rows of hooked tunes that tilth the soil and forms a nice flat bed as it goes. I also use this tool a lot between crops on ready formed beds to mix in compost through the top 50mm without having to fork it over
• the last thing is forming the Bed.
This rake is called a ‘jost’ rake, it’s an arborist rake that’s use to rake up branches, but works perfectly for this.
Is 650mm wide, which give me a guide on forming the width of the bed, it has nice long times for breaking ups any remaining clods or debree, and it has a flat edge on the other side which give a nice flat finish for direct sowing into.
Our first market is almost here and we are mega EXCITED
Summer Art Fair
Saturday 22nd June
COLDHARBOUR CRICKET PAVILION
LEITH HILL ✌🏽 Come see us and get some #NONSENSEFREEMUNCH
I mean it’s going to be a 🤤 fest
There are some lovely local artists showcasing their work and face painting for the little ones. Teas and Coffees will be available too 💚
Feel like a calorie free sweet treat? Call in to Aveda in House Of Fraser Guildford and have a lovely hand layering treatment using our new Cherry Almond body range. # calorie free treats #Aveda#Guildford
All set and ready go! Our new Guildford venue launches this weekend and we can't wait. But please bare in mind that if every you can get the slot you want at our Chessington venue (which is gorgeous), from the Chessington junction on the A3 it is only 14 minutes to our new Guildford venue, Boxgrove Primary School. For the record, it's lush!! #brandnew#party#venue#Guildford#cantwait#very#cool
💫I can’t mention PCOS books that I’ve loved over the years without giving this one a shout out.
This copy is actually a replacement as my original was so well used it fell apart!
@dr.marilynglenville is such an incredible source of knowledge when it comes to women’s health. I’ve got a number of her books and had the pleasure of listening to her talk on many occasions.
Another really helpful tool in your journey with PCOS ladies 💪🏻
The Importance Of Protein
Hair & Nails. Protein keeps them looking healthy
Build & repair. You need it to grow muscle. Which is what that ‘toned’ look is.
Enzymes, hormones & chemicals. I don’t know about you but I get a bit aggy if I don’t get my protein.
Bones, muscle, skin, blood. All need protein.
You won’t reach your fitness goals if you aren’t getting the protein you need.
Diet is REALLY important so make sure you get help from your Personal Trainer to get the most out of your training to reach your goals & BECOME the best version of you
It’s the simple things children love..🌻🦋
The natural beauty in our world, watching the bees and butterflies...
We had to get some plants for the garden today to tidy it up ready for summer to arrive, so we headed over to elm nursery’s and we could have watched these two beauties for ages...
If you haven’t been to Elm nursery yet it’s such a lovely place, with a little farm perfect to entertain the little ones, and a beautiful cafe that serves delicious foods.
It really is the simple things🐝🦋🌸🌻
Sporty Kidz Birthday Parties for boys and girls aged 3 - 12 years old.
The Ultimate 'Must Have' PARTY for energetic kids!
Run by fully qualified sports coaches, our parties are a fun-packed, non-competitive, energetic experience guaranteed to bring laughter to every child.
You can choose between our popular 'Games Party', 'Sports Party' or our 'Mini Olympics' party options!
The Birthday boy or girl will receive a Sporty Kidz t-shirt.
You are responsible for providing the food and venue for a 2 hour party. Sporty Kidz entertain the children for the first hour and a half.
For the younger children, we can tailor our fun games to fit your parties 'theme' or your child's favourite character; so why not suggest fancy dress, such as superheroes, animals or pirates & princesses?
For an extra £1 per child, we can provide gold medals for each of your guests!