Choijin lama temple museum.
The complex consists of six temples originally occupied by the brother of the ruler the Eight Bogd Jibtsun Damba , Choijin Lama Luvsankhaidav, who was the state oracle and 'Precious Wisdom and Clear Devotion' Khutugtu at the time. The complex was begun in 1904 and completed in 1908, in honor of the State Oracle Lama Lubsanhaidub /Losang Kedrup/, brother of the eighth Bogd Khan. The Choijin Lama Museum was originally a Buddhist temple complex, consisting of one main and five branch temples. It was active until 1937, when it was closed during the height of Communist repression against Buddhism and other religious traditions. In 1938 the complex was re-established as museum due to skillful efforts of wise people. This was how it was saved throughout communism.