If you ever wondered why Jews cry at the Western Wall, know is because of today. 😥
𝗧𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝗔𝘃 (9th of Av)
Is the day of disgrace. Catastrophe. 😖
Over the centuries many tragic events happened to the Jewish people on this EXACT date. 📅
1. Both Holy Temples were destroyed (586 B.C.E. and 70 C.E.)🕍
2, Bar Kochva was defeated at The Battle at Betar, and the rebels masacred. (133 CE) ⚔️
3. The Romans Plowed the Beit Hamikdash (134 CE)🗽
4. Jews Were Expelled From England (1290 CE) 🚶🇬🇧
5. Jews Were Banished From Spain (1492 CE)❌🇪🇸
6. World War I started (Germany declared war on Russia on the 9th of Av, 1914) 🚨
7. "The Final Solution" was formally approved. One third of the world's Jewish population perished at the Holocaust. (August 2, 1941)😞
8. Mass deportation of Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto began, en route to Treblinka (July 23, 1942) 🚋
9. The AMIA bombing, of the Jewish community center in Buenos Aires, killed 85 and injured 300 (July 18, 1994) 💣
and so on...
But here we are today, facing the Western Wall, the only remaining structure form the Second Holy Temple.
This wall is the symbol of our pain and our hope. A reminder of years of conquests, destructions and expulsions and exile.🔫⛓️🔒
We are the survivors, who came from the ashes. And 2000 years later returned home and rebuilt Jerusalem. 💪
Today, we remember. We cry once again.😢 We fast. We feel the pain of our ancesters, and mourn the tragedies.
But we are also hopeful, that one day, the third temple will be rebuilt. 🙏
📸 @ernes13 #itraveljerusalem#visitisrael#jerusalem#iloveisrael#visitjerusalem#jerusalemoftheday#visit2israel#ilovejerusalem#israelinstagram#oldcity #jerusalem24_7 #meettheworld#travelandleisure#travelcommunity
#israel_view #israel_photo #tishabeav#holytemple#fasting
#theglobewander#visualwonderlust#instatravelblog #amazingdestination #westernwall#israel 🇮🇱 #jewish#prayer #kotel