NEW COURSE LAUNCH x NATIONAL POTATO DAY SALE. ⠀
There are 2 Days left for our newest course release and we have 2 hot propositions for you⠀
On August 19 - Be an Early Bird and get a tasty discount when our Substance Designer training series w/ @artofdanielthiger drops. ⠀
AND for one day and one day, only you can get 40% off everything else - thanks to our National Potato Day Sale. Creative Carbs for the win!⠀
149017 August, 2019
The bricks and stone were stained with blood.
I Can See Clearly Now | Jimmy Cliff. Suddenly took into liking old rock.
All work done in #photoshop . Trying out Paul Chadeisson's workflow. Used a C4D base render for the silhouettes and all the detailing and the texturing and atmosphere is in Photoshop.
Swipe for the base render and the entire 2.89:1 image. It'll be available in full resolution in my artstation:
751017 August, 2019
August 19 is National Potato Day and that means big savings at Learn Squared! To celebrate this momentous day, not only are we launching our new Substance Designer training series with Daniel Thiger (with a tasty early bird discount), but we're also giving 40% off everything else FOR ONE DAY ONLY. It's the perfect chance to stock up on those creative carbs!⠀
Hit the link in our Bio to find out more. ⠀
When Daniel Thiger is not crushing it Bungie or making an amazing Learn Squared course, you'll likely find him maximizing the substantial power of Substance Designer. Just look at this sci-fi door that was made purely in Substance Designer!⠀
Our Substance Designer training series w/ Daniel Thiger arrives IN 4 DAYS on August 19 at 12pm PT. Find out more by hitting the link in our bio.⠀
Here's a bit of the process for the last image I posted:
01. Sketch. Super rough small thumbnail, trying to get an idea and a graphic read. I drew a lot of them in my sketchbook with a marker, this one is about an inch wide.
02. Assets. I made a list of elements I needed and started looking for references. I then started modeling the main tower, and made the rest of the elements as variations on that one.
03. Block-in. With the main assets, I start looking for a composition. Here I’m open to explore and find different layouts, but in this case, I went back to the sketch.
04. Lightning. I like to lock the light shapes as soon as possible so I can be sure that the graphic read is good before moving forward.
05. Other elements. At this point I’ve decided on the camera and it informs me about how to build up the rest of the scene with secondary elements to make sure your eye moves as I want it to throughout the image.
06. Color. Tried out different color configurations. The canyon could have easily overpowered the rest of the elements, so this was tricky.
07. Render. Once I’m sure there’s nothing else I can get from the 3D, I set up different render passes and hit the render button.
08. Painting. This process goes all the way until the image is done. I started bringing photo-textures, controlling noise, turning forms, painting dirt and breaking 3D edges.
09. Characters. I went back to 3D for some DAZ models and comped them on top of my image. With some painting and photo textures I also got my main character, you can see me using a placeholder back in step 04.
10. Mood. Now I’m working on top everything I have to push the mood I’m going for and to enhance the sense of depth. I’m still painting to clean up some shapes and edges.
11. Values. Checking values one last time. I’m painting some dirt and fog to help separate different planes even more.
dzisiejsze wyzwanie na grupie na Facebooku dzień trzysta siedemdziesiąty. Zapraszam wszystkich którzy jeszcze nie są na grupie do do łączenia. Dzisiejsze wyzwanie to 10 do 50 min rysowania także jeśli masz nawet mało czasu rysowania to wydaje mi się że te 5 min dasz radę porysować. W moim przypadku renderowane w silniku octane standalone i podrysowywane w Photoshopie. Bardzo ciekawy proces, którego miałem przyjemność uczyć się od @jamajurabaev w ramach jego Gumroadów oraz kursów na @learnsquared dziękuję serdecznie. Jak chcesz, żebym wrzucał więcej w tym stylu to zostaw komentarz! #photoshop#learnsquared#jama#octane#lightandshadow#conceptart