#oldphoto Instagram Photos & Videos

oldphoto - 2.6m posts

Top Posts

Latest Instagram Posts

  • sleepy 🥱
  • sleepy 🥱
  • 39 3 22 January, 2020
  • 11 years ago when wee picked up Molly 🥰
I was so naive and young 🤣
Did not care about dogsport, only to have a companion dog 💕 o that was good times 🤣🤤 #oldphoto #nostalgia #oldtimes #lifegoeson
  • 11 years ago when wee picked up Molly 🥰
    I was so naive and young 🤣
    Did not care about dogsport, only to have a companion dog 💕 o that was good times 🤣🤤 #oldphoto #nostalgia #oldtimes #lifegoeson
  • 20 5 22 January, 2020
  • Colwick Hall, Colwick, Nottingham, 1905
.
Image ref: NTGM006131
.
'The earliest references to the estate occur on the death of William de Colwick in 1362, when it passed by the marriage of his daughter Joan to Sir Richard Byron, into the Byron family. The Byrons lived here for over 150 years until about 1660, when they moved to Newstead Abbey and Colwick Hall came into the ownership of the Musters family' (Source: Wikipedia)
.
In 1831, during the Second Reform Bill riots, Colwick Hall was sacked by an excited mob. Mary Chaworth Musters spent the night shivering in pouring rain with her daughter Sophia, crouched beneath the shrubbery, while the Hall was looted and partially set on fire. She died a few months later from the shock at Wiverton Hall some four months after the riot. In 1896 the Hall was sold to the Nottingham Racecourse Company - the racecourse opened in 1892, the Hall became a public house and the rest of the building were used to accommodate grooms and jockeys.
.
Nottingham Corporation acquired the Hall from the Racecourse Company in 1965. The house had magnificent Spanish mahogany doors, its moulded architraves, elegant staircase, and fireplaces carried out in multi-coloured marbles and enriched with decoration in the style of the Adam brothers. The building (a grade two listed building) required substantial repair and renovation work and this was done by the Home Brewery Company who took on the lease in 1972. It was re-opened as a non-residential hotel in 1976 but again closed in 1997 and was left empty and soon deteriorated, the victim of vandalism and theft. In 2003 the Hall, restored by Tim Jones and Chek White, It was then sold to Pearl Hotels and Restaurants.
.
Explore thousands of historical images of Nottingham at www.picturenottingham.co.uk
.
#nottingham #nottinghamshire #eastmidlands #bbceastmidlands #colwickhallhotel #colwick #englishhouse #pictureoftheday #nottinghamracecourse #pond #oldfashioned #mynottingham #oldphoto #hotel #oldpic #oldphotos #nottslove #ig_nottingham #nottslife #trees #oldpic #oldphoto #notts #nottsrocks #lordbyron #byron
  • Colwick Hall, Colwick, Nottingham, 1905
    .
    Image ref: NTGM006131
    .
    'The earliest references to the estate occur on the death of William de Colwick in 1362, when it passed by the marriage of his daughter Joan to Sir Richard Byron, into the Byron family. The Byrons lived here for over 150 years until about 1660, when they moved to Newstead Abbey and Colwick Hall came into the ownership of the Musters family' (Source: Wikipedia)
    .
    In 1831, during the Second Reform Bill riots, Colwick Hall was sacked by an excited mob. Mary Chaworth Musters spent the night shivering in pouring rain with her daughter Sophia, crouched beneath the shrubbery, while the Hall was looted and partially set on fire. She died a few months later from the shock at Wiverton Hall some four months after the riot. In 1896 the Hall was sold to the Nottingham Racecourse Company - the racecourse opened in 1892, the Hall became a public house and the rest of the building were used to accommodate grooms and jockeys.
    .
    Nottingham Corporation acquired the Hall from the Racecourse Company in 1965. The house had magnificent Spanish mahogany doors, its moulded architraves, elegant staircase, and fireplaces carried out in multi-coloured marbles and enriched with decoration in the style of the Adam brothers. The building (a grade two listed building) required substantial repair and renovation work and this was done by the Home Brewery Company who took on the lease in 1972. It was re-opened as a non-residential hotel in 1976 but again closed in 1997 and was left empty and soon deteriorated, the victim of vandalism and theft. In 2003 the Hall, restored by Tim Jones and Chek White, It was then sold to Pearl Hotels and Restaurants.
    .
    Explore thousands of historical images of Nottingham at www.picturenottingham.co.uk
    .
    #nottingham #nottinghamshire #eastmidlands #bbceastmidlands #colwickhallhotel #colwick #englishhouse #pictureoftheday #nottinghamracecourse #pond #oldfashioned #mynottingham #oldphoto #hotel #oldpic #oldphotos #nottslove #ig_nottingham #nottslife #trees #oldpic #oldphoto #notts #nottsrocks #lordbyron #byron
  • 94 0 22 January, 2020
  • • Истории Старого Харькова
⠀
А не задумывались ли вы, сколько в нашем городе настоящих дворцов? Что вообще приходит в голову настоящего харьковчанина при слове "дворец"? "Дворец медицины" на Пушкинской или Дворец бракосочетания, (который, конечно, никаким дворцом никогда не был) - это явно нечто иное. А ведь, в действительности, настоящий царский дворец был в нашем городе всего один, не взирая на то, что дореволюционный Харьков отнюдь нельзя назвать обделённым царским вниманием городом. Да и этот дворец после недолгого царского пребывания стал затем губернаторским, а в самом начале ХIХ века и вовсе был передан харьковскому Университету.
⠀
Отсчёт истории харьковского дворца стоит вести от начала 1760-х годов. В 1762 году в Харьков с особыми полномочиями от императрицы Екатерины II прибывает 34-летний гвардии секунд-майор Евдоким Алексеевич Щербинин. Харьков 1762 года - небольшой полковой городок в тысяч 10 душ обоего пола... которому уготована судьба будущего губернского центра. 28 июня 1765 года по подготовленному Щербининым проекту выходит царский указ об учреждении (помимо прочих) Слободско-Украинской губернии с центром в Харькове. Харьков начинает обзаводиться всей "аттрибутикой" губернского города, и в том числе уже через год начинается подготовка к строительству дворца. Составленный харьковским архитектором Вильяновым проект в Петербурге был отвергнут и вместо него в 1768 году был получен другой. Авторство его приписывается архитектору Тихменеву, по проекту которого были выстроены аналогичные дворцы в Смоленске и Великом Новгороде. Стоит отметить, что харьковский дворец, в сравнении с сохранившимся аналогичным новгородским аналогом, отделан значительно богаче.
⠀
Харьковский дворец был окончен в 1777 году, а за последующие несколько лет вокруг него появились флигеля и ворота, выстроенные по проекту архитектора Ярославского. Стоит отметить, что за два десятилетия с момента учреждения губернии были ещё выстроены: новый Успенский собор, каменные мосты через реки Харьков и Лопань, а также, непосредственно перед визитом императрицы Екатерины II - каменный верстовой столб и триумфальные ворота. Так город подготавливался к визиту царской особы. А вот сам визит хоть
  • • Истории Старого Харькова

    А не задумывались ли вы, сколько в нашем городе настоящих дворцов? Что вообще приходит в голову настоящего харьковчанина при слове "дворец"? "Дворец медицины" на Пушкинской или Дворец бракосочетания, (который, конечно, никаким дворцом никогда не был) - это явно нечто иное. А ведь, в действительности, настоящий царский дворец был в нашем городе всего один, не взирая на то, что дореволюционный Харьков отнюдь нельзя назвать обделённым царским вниманием городом. Да и этот дворец после недолгого царского пребывания стал затем губернаторским, а в самом начале ХIХ века и вовсе был передан харьковскому Университету.

    Отсчёт истории харьковского дворца стоит вести от начала 1760-х годов. В 1762 году в Харьков с особыми полномочиями от императрицы Екатерины II прибывает 34-летний гвардии секунд-майор Евдоким Алексеевич Щербинин. Харьков 1762 года - небольшой полковой городок в тысяч 10 душ обоего пола... которому уготована судьба будущего губернского центра. 28 июня 1765 года по подготовленному Щербининым проекту выходит царский указ об учреждении (помимо прочих) Слободско-Украинской губернии с центром в Харькове. Харьков начинает обзаводиться всей "аттрибутикой" губернского города, и в том числе уже через год начинается подготовка к строительству дворца. Составленный харьковским архитектором Вильяновым проект в Петербурге был отвергнут и вместо него в 1768 году был получен другой. Авторство его приписывается архитектору Тихменеву, по проекту которого были выстроены аналогичные дворцы в Смоленске и Великом Новгороде. Стоит отметить, что харьковский дворец, в сравнении с сохранившимся аналогичным новгородским аналогом, отделан значительно богаче.

    Харьковский дворец был окончен в 1777 году, а за последующие несколько лет вокруг него появились флигеля и ворота, выстроенные по проекту архитектора Ярославского. Стоит отметить, что за два десятилетия с момента учреждения губернии были ещё выстроены: новый Успенский собор, каменные мосты через реки Харьков и Лопань, а также, непосредственно перед визитом императрицы Екатерины II - каменный верстовой столб и триумфальные ворота. Так город подготавливался к визиту царской особы. А вот сам визит хоть
  • 91 2 22 January, 2020