~I think -
||I think of the sky falling
The walls of the castles i've built
Shattering to the ground
Burying me within them
I think of giving up
Leaving things the way they are
Nevermind fighting for what they could be
I think of submerging myself
Into the endless pit of an ocean that is my heart
I think of letting go
I think -
You tell me, I think too much.||
But that’s not your problem.
The problem is that you’re nice to everyone, other than yourself.
You spread love and positivity to everyone you come into contact with.
So why is it so hard to have those same feelings when you’re simply looking at yourself in the mirror?
Or when your friend makes a mistake, you’re the first to forgive and pick up the pieces
So why does it seem damn near impossible to give it to yourself when you mess up?
You make others so happy, but it’s hard for you to find that same happiness.
You’re a nice person.
But would the person in the mirror agree to that?
I gave up all the rainbows and sunshine to be engulfed in your dim light, it did bring along darkness, but who cares, I was darker from the inside, darker than your night. Stars made no sense to me while you stared directly into my eyes, well what else did, nothing, absolutely nothing made sense to me when you were around. I preferred to sleep through bright sunny days only to see you in the cold nights, only to see how you crawled around in the sky, under the clouds, sometimes over them, to see me, to tease me with just a glimpse and at times when you were not there at all, I still hallucinated your presence. My love for you wasn't restricted to the midnight romance, it was much more, it was hope, dreams, happiness, and wish. Most of all, you brought out the wolf from my core, I'd howl at you, look at you, breathe a little more, love beyond the cliche concepts of happy endings, for the love of you taught me that we're too special for the planets and our actual home is in the cosmos, we were kids of the universe, out on separate journeys, but I'm sure that our destination is the same. No wonder I've been wishing for death since long, only to reunite with you, only to embrace your imperfections that human eyes can never see, they're too low for that. Maybe that's why God doesn't let me be a complete human anymore, I'm half wolf, a wolf who's born to let the world know that a love like this exists, only to give them an interesting mystical love story they wish belonged to them, only to give them a hope that love can cross all the barriers of nature and fate, and we humans are idiots to think that it's in our control. It isn't. Darling, I'll wait for you one night, and that night, I'll be higher than you are now, you'll have to climb to me and leave all of your stars aside because I know, all of this was not for nothing, it always had a meaning, it was planned. We'll reunite in the cosmos one day, I'll shine on your head and the humans from earth would kiss their partners looking at us.🌙
•I Smell of Sorrow, You Look Like Love•❤️ a 70 page written showcase of how anxiety and extremes of love turned a mayhem into a poetess.✍🏻 Show some love, the link is in the bio.🌺
Things I will say to my son, and you should be saying to yours if you have one:
1. If you want to cry. Cry. If you want to vent. Vent. If you need help. Ask. Do not suppress your emotions. Crying does not make you any less of a man. Venting does not make you feminine. Asking for help does not make you weak. Your feelings matter, as does your mental health.
2. Be yourself. Whether that is a rambunctious boy who loves to look at boobs on the Internet, or a feeble boy who is intimidated by the female body. Be you. As long as you are not disrespecting or hurting anyone in the process, do whatever makes you happy.
3. Do not hold yourself accountable for everything that goes wrong. It is not always a “mans job” to keep things under control. Women are equally capable and component. Do not underestimate their power. Do not overestimate yours. You are only human, and will eventually burn out if you take on too much.
4. Recognize your privilege. Being a man will always come with certain benefits, which are undeniable. Although you cannot alter this fact, do not be ignorant to it.
5. Do not be self-conscious of your physical appearance. Men, just like women, are insecure (particularly over their bodies). Embrace every part of yourself; including your imperfections.
6. When someone proclaims that all men are the same, correct them. However, regardless of whether or not you do, you will epitomize a good man.
7. Men and women are fundamentally different. A lot of the time, there is no right or wrong; just a difference in perspective.
8. Do not give anyone the power to abuse or hurt you. Men are also victims of abusive relationships. Men are also victims of rape. If you are being mistreated, disrespected, and/or exploited, walk away. Speak up. Seek support. As a man, these things will be extremely difficult. But you can find the strength to do them. There is strength in vulnerability.