Gloom hung low over the deserted "Clearances" village of Hallaig on the Isle of Raasay in Scotland. This place of abandonment is one of the most famous villages left empty by landowners who evicted tenants in favor of sheep farming in the 18th and 19th centuries. Hallaig also inspired a the heart-rending poem of that title by Sorley MacLean. Written in Scottish Gaelic, it has been translated into English, recently by Seamus Heaney. My favorite verses include these lines:
Back through the gloaming to Hallaig
Through the vivid speechless air,
Pouring down the steep slopes,
Their laughter misting my ear
And their beauty a glaze on my heart.
Then as the kyles go dim
And the sun sets behind Dun Cana
Love's loaded gun will take aim. #scotland#hebrides
On This Day in 1946: Irn Bru was born. The drink (first made in 1901) had previously been called Strachan's Brew then Iron Brew. New advertising legislation required the removal of the word 'brew' because it is not brewed. What's your favourite can from this cracking selection?
1,175597 hours ago
Got some bad news today, so Im planning on tuning into some Doctor Who and letting Amy, Rory, and Eleven make me feel better.
What are your Wednesday night plans?
I thought I would try something a bit different this time with my post. Recently I haven't been very sure what I want to do with Instagram other than have it as a place to post various photos and memories. Which is fine but I feel I could do more interesting things with this platform, especially as I have a tonne of photos that never get seen.
I am going to be posting a series of similar multiple image posts about trips around Scotland, events etc to trial the idea and see if this is something you, my current followers, are interested in seeing. Firstly will be images from my Island hopping trip a few months ago.
Anyone feeling like a bowl of pasta tonight?? My Summer Salmon, Lemon and Pea Farfalle is an absolute banging mid week family meal. This is the sort of dish that goes to show if you’ve got some incredible fresh ingredients it really isn’t hard to cook a delicious meal from scratch! 💥HIT THE LINK IN MY BIO FOR THE RECIPE💥
It was such a pleasure to meet and cook this dish for the fisherman up in Scotland. The M&S salmon really is the star of the show here, @marksandspencer fresh Scottish salmon is responsibly sourced from Select Farmers so it tastes amazing! Who’s giving it a go? #Ad
#REGRESO 📣 Nos vamos acercando al finde con la vuelta de la poderosa #Scottish de los amigos de @cerveza.araucaria. Es una cerveza de aspecto cobrizo profundo, intensidad media, sabor centrado en la malta con matices a caramelo. ¡Rock and roll! 💪💥🍺 .
👉 Pinta al paso $60 | > botella 1Lts. PET $110 a $130 | > botellón de 1.9 Lts. $180 (vacío).- .
🗺️ Plaza Matheu N°187 (e/ diag. 73 y Av. 66).- .
⏰ LUNES❄️CERRADO. | Domingo, martes y miércoles de 18 a 21 Hs. | Jueves a sábado de 18 a 22 Hs.- .
Summer 2019 Kitten Collection is here ☀️🌸🐈
While we have a long waitlist 🙈, our sister cattery has some gorgeous kittens available! 🐈🐈🐈
1. Harris: British Longhair, male, blue golden shaded (ay 11), green eyes, 3 m.o.
2. Ireland: British Longhair, male, black silver ticked (ns 25), green eyes, 3 m.o.
3. Islander: British Longhair, male, black silver ticked (ns 25), green eyes, 3 m.o.
4. Zachar: British Shorthair, male, black silver shaded (ns 11), green eyes, 5 m.o.
5. Kirill: British Longhair, male, black silver ticked (ns 25), green eyes, 3.5 m.o.
6. Galatea: British Shorthair, female, black silver shaded (ns 11), green eyes, 4 m.o.
7. Zinina: British Longhair, female, blue silver chinchilla (as 12), green eyes, 5 m.o.
8. Zarya: British Shorthair, female, black silver shaded (ns 11), green eyes, 5 m.o.
9. Evelyn: British Shorthair, female, black silver ticked (ns 25), green eyes, 4.5 m.o.
10. Dulsineya: British Shorthair, female, black silver shaded (ns 11), green eyes, 4 m.o.
11. Holiday: British Longhair, male, blue golden shaded (ay 11), green eyes, 3 m.o.
Additional pics and videos available upon request💁🏻♀️📸
The kittens were born and brought up in our sister cattery in Russia. We have a unique opportunity to bring either one with our friend who is traveling from Russia. The kitty would fly in cabin on a flight from Moscow to Washington, DC. 🗺
All the kitties come microchipped, fully vaccinated; accompanied with a health passport and pedigree. Litter box and scratching post trained. Neutered/spayed unless purchased for breeding ✅
Send a direct message if interested! 📝➡️📬
381256 minutes ago
// U K I Y O.
in a place far away from anyone or anywhere, i drifted off for a moment.