Some of the most special moments happen when you lest expect them; craving for coffee on the afternoon and found a place where the owner is so much in-loved with Latin American literature, especially with Garcia Marquez and Vargas Llosa, and then finding myself in a long conversation about Latin America with her and her Peruvian friend who ended up being an art professor in China... an afternoon of coffee, tea, arts, literature and our deep love for Latin America! Yunnan has gave me, for sure, for sure moments to never forget #bookofmemories#travelingaround#china#lijiang#shuheancienttown
China 🇨🇳 Day 19: when we planned our trip, we were told that Lijiang is a very touristy city. So to avoid the crowds, we decided to stay in a nearby ancient village called Shuhe, and to take a taxi to Lijiang for a day trip. But actually, Shuhe is not really a village, but more like a town, or even a city for us (don’t forget: we’re from Luxembourg!) 😂 It’s so large and there are so many things to do and see that we ended up spending two days in Shuhe, and didn’t even go to Lijiang!
Great to adventure a little outside of Kunming into more rural China. Wanted to take a photo down every single street!
1. Rooftops of Lijiang
2. Shuhe Old Town
3. Tourists riding horses through the cobbled roads
4. Painting in progress of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
5. Building in the Music Square
6. Spot the old guy napping!
7. Lijiang Old Town in the rain
8. Pagoda and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain covered in clouds from Black Dragon Pool
9. Opera Stage in Shuhe Old Town
10. Dancing at sunset in the Music Square! Everyone just joins in and gets involved! We didn’t quite fancy it!