Hippo!🖤 Repost via @roiegalitz
Photo by @roiegalitz -
That’s a Hippo I photographed last week in the Serengeti, Tanzania 🦛❤️
Hippos are considered to be the one of the deadliest mammal to humans, but you probably know that.
But did you know the following?
1. Hippopotamus literally means River Horse in ancient Greek.
2. The males reach up to 3,200 KG and can run up to 30 Kph
3. They share an ancestor with the whales and dolphins
4. They are herbivores (eating grass) but documented several times eating meat.
5. Their conservation status is Vulnerable in the IUCN red list.
"Famous painters have been using the rule of thirds for centuries, and if you were to look at some of the paintings by the past masters, and mentally overlay the rule of thirds grid, then you will see that the artist has put his focal point on one of the intersections" ~ Underwater Photography art and techniques by Nick Robertson - Brown ARPS
Spotted Sandpiper at Antietam Meadow Park in Waynesboro, PA. I was getting ready to leave an otherwise unproductive birding trip when I saw a sandpiper fly down the creek. I followed it down the creek a little way and found it on this branch over the creek.
Spotted Sandpipers bob their heads and tails constantly, like they have a happy song in their heads.